Tuesday, January 15, 2019

First Day of Chemo is tomorrow

January 15, 2019

Just as a reminder to you all...Cherie has her first chemo treatment tomorrow. The appointment is set for 8:45am. The whole process is supposed to last about 5 hours. They will then hook her up to a portable infusion contraption that will come home with her. She will be attached to this until Friday and will return to the oncologist Friday afternoon to have it unhooked.

My mom will be by Cherie's side the whole day...it's important that she learn the ropes! I will take my turn on one of the appointments further out. Tomorrow, the chemicals become a part of Cherie's body, as they fight the cancer cells AND her good cells. The battle truly begins.

I will have an update about her first chemo by the end of this week. I will also update if anything has changed or if anything unusual has come up. There will be many changes occurring in her body and I expect that she'll have side effects to deal with.

Thank you all for your prayers.

As a follow up...we are still waiting for Liberty Healthshare to kick in on what they said they would pay ($50K). Many of you have inquired about this. It's going to take some time. I will definitely set up a fund (like go fund me) in the event that there will still be outstanding bills from December. Right now we are still waiting.

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”  Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment