Sunday, January 6, 2019

Upcoming chemo

January 6, 2018

Cherie will be getting her port cath (we will refer to this as her port) surgically placed tomorrow morning. The surgery is outpatient and is expected to without any difficulties. It's a routine procedure.

We met with a nurse at Dr. Brook's office on Friday. It was very enlightening and also surreal. She met with us to explain the procedures of chemo and how it may affect her body. My mom and I went with her to this appointment. There were a few times when I had to hold back the tears. It was difficult to hear the things that will be facing her in the next six months. I never thought I would have to see my sister face the kind of things that were described to us. Thankfully, she has my mom and dad and so many others that care for her. She has a wonderful support system that will help a lot during these upcoming months.

After the port is put in tomorrow she sill have time to heal before she starts her first chemo treatment. The first one is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan 16th. I will be a 5 hour procedure. Her treatments will be every 2 weeks, always on a Wednesday. it will take about 4 hours each time. She will also go home with a pump attached to her port that will administer another treatment for 46 hours.

After tomorrow, I will update you on how the port surgery went and how she is recovering from it.

Please pray for her body to heal quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment