Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Passing Through the waters and rivers and walking through the fire Isaiah 43:1-5

December 11, 2018

The last week and a half has turned some lives upside down. Cherie has been faced with the challenges of healing from surgery, my parents have accommodated their schedule to take care of her, and I'm still trying to figure out how to be of help from 2 hours away. I've decided I will attend some appointments with Cherie as she learns more about her new life ahead. She will need wisdom as she considers how she's going to fight this cancer.

It has been quite an educational road as we learn more about our complex human body. We've seen how even a little nerve can cause so much pain when it is disturbed. We've learned the importance of walking after surgery to grow strong and be ready for the next hurdle of this race. We've learned the importance of a "sucker machine". It's really called something else, but I like calling it a sucker machine. It's a plastic contraption that Cherie has to suck on as hard as possible, as often as possible, to strengthen her lungs since she was intubated for the surgery a week ago. She has been up and walking many times per day and she is learning how to manage her pain so her body can heal.

She is meeting with the surgeon today to discuss the possibility of a port and what that would mean. Next week we meet with the oncologist and we'll find out a plethora of information that we will share here on this blog.

Cherie wanted me to tell you all thank you for the beautiful flowers, precious gifts and encouraging messages. If you would like to visit her you will need to contact my mom. If you don't have my mom's number, just text Cherie and she will pass your info on to my mom.

A friend recently shared a passage of scripture that was a reminder of God's faithfulness and love, so I will share it here:

"But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel. 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, people in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you.' "
Isaiah 43:1-5


Things to pray for:

- Pray that Cherie will have strength enough to research her options when she is feeling well throughout the day. There will be many decisions she'll need to make and will need to be informed as much as possible ahead of time so she can ask the right questions.

- Pray for my parents: That God will keep them healthy and free from sickness as they walk this path with Cherie as her caregivers right now.

- Pray for the surgeon. If the port is going to be put in place it is a simple outpatient surgery. Pray that he will be well rested beforehand and the procedure will go smoothly

- Pray for God to prepare our hearts for what we will hear from the oncologist next week.


Praises:

- We praise God that Cherie is able to eat and drink again, thus making her body heal quickly

- We praise God that my parents are active and healthy, allowing them to help Cherie physically and standing strong with her emotionally

- We praise God for hope. There is no hope outside of Him and I can't imagine going through this without being able to hope and trust in God's perfect will as He sanctifies us daily

"Therefore, my dear friends...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."  Philippians 2:12-13




No comments:

Post a Comment