Sunday, December 16, 2018

Peace

December 16, 2018

Cherie would like to thank you all for your prayers. Recovering from major surgery is so much more do-able when you have a team of people behind you, lifting you up in prayer!

This past week has been a long week of recovery, but she is gaining strength each day. The week before us will entail learning more information about the cancer as well as the treatment that is ahead. There are still many questions and we would like for you all to bow before our Creator, Maker of all things, and ask that He give us Peace. It will be easy to become overwhelmed. Cherie will need help focusing on the here and now. Pray that her strength be drawn from the only One who can give it.

Once we've had time to meet with the doctors this week there will be a lot to discuss as a family. Please pray for our time together. We will need to pour into Cherie in many ways. Please pray that God will pour His Peace upon us. Pray for the doctors, that a realness would be present in their explanations and pray for our ears, hearts and minds to process what is being spoken. May our only filter be the Holy Spirit.

I will write on the blog again, but I ask for your continued patience. My heart strings will be pulled and stretched these next couple of days of doctors' visits with Cherie.


Our oldest 2 sons will be coming home from college in a couple of days. They have expressed how much they are looking forward to spending time with Cherie. Pray that those days will be sweet.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?"  Psalm 27:1

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings of eagles. They shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Teach me, Lord. Teach me Lord, to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment